Monday, March 9, 2009

More prayers!

My cousin Darien was in a major car accident on Saturday. You can read about it here.

She is doing better than some, but worse than some. She has a cracked pelvis and back as well as a lacerated liver and some broken front teeth. She will have a neck brace and be in a wheelchair for 10 weeks. It will be a long and painful recovery.

I do not know all of the details about the others, but as far as I know one has a broken shoulder and is up and walking. Darien's best friend is sedated to watch for swelling in her brain and a torn aorta. One of the other boys they thought was paralyzed...he has since had surgery and they determined that his spinal cord was not completely severed, but they do not know if he will ever walk again.

All of these kids were in high school or just finished. Darien graduated in December, a semester early. I will try to keep you updated when I know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment